While the recommendations and precautions continue to change as the pandemic develops, MerMagic Con remains stedfast in their commitment to making this an event for ALL mermaids, including those who are immunocompromised as are many on the production team. Therefore, the event will only be held if the government, venues and organizers all believe it can be done so safely. This page will be updated as the situation develops. Follow the Facebook page for the latest updates.
The convention is currently postponed until August 6th – 8th 2021. In the event of further postponement within the 2021 calendar year all gala passes, vendor fees, sponsor agreements, and tickets will be automatically valid for the new dates.
In the event that you cannot attend the new dates, all gala passes, vendor fees, sponsor agreements and tickets will be automatically valid for 2022, regardless of any price increases.
And finally, upon announcement of the 2022 dates, if you prefer not to attend 2022, you will be issued a full refund, no questions asked.
In the event that this convention cannot be held safely within the 2021 calendar year, it will be cancelled.
Upon cancellation all gala passes, vendor fees, sponsor agreements, and tickets will be automatically valid for 2022, regardless of any price increases for the new year.
If upon announcement of the 2022 dates, you prefer not to attend, you will be issued a full refund, no questions asked.
It’s important to us that everyone feel safe at our event. So, for the 2021 convention, we’re offering zero-consequence cancellations. You can cancel at any time for any reason, no notice required and no questions asked. Any ticket-holders who have not checked into the convention by Sunday afternoon will receive an email with corresponding tickets for 2022, regardless of any price increases for the new year.
In the event that you do not wish to attend the 2022 convention, you will be issued a full refund, no questions asked.
The dates for 2022 are not yet set but it will return to the typical late February or early March window. Dates for the following year are typically announced during closing ceremonies.
The Best Western Battlefield Inn has been working closely with the event accommodate changes in response to the development of the pandemic. If you reserved through the link for the original March dates, your reservation has been automatically updated to the corresponding May dates, however we encourage everyone to call and confirm the new reservation is to their liking. The hotel can be reached at: 703-631-8000.
If you have not yet made your reservation you can do so at the discounted convention rate of $72 by using this link. While a credit or debit card is required to make the reservation, there is no deposit at time of booking or fee for canceling ahead of the check-in date.
In the event of further postponement, we will once again work with the hotel to update all existing reservations made through the convention link. Should you, or the convention, be forced to cancel at any time up until the day of check in there is no penalty or money lost.
It is our sincerest hope that as vaccine numbers increase and pandemic numbers decrease, it will be safe to hold the full convention without restrictions. If that is not the case but it is determined that the convention can be held safely if certain protocols are followed, then any and all recommendations from the CDC, State, County, and Venues will be in place. This far in advance, we cannot know yet what those will be, but we remain dedicated to keeping the convention safe for all.